11 June 2009

11 june "Shaheed Hameed Day"

Balochistany namdaren o sheer delen bachek Shaheed Hameed Baloch ky haiy beset o shashme sal roch 11 june 2009 a dark botSHAHEED HAMED BALOCH was born in the village of Kunchiti; district Kech (Turbat), Mukaran. He was a student at the Government Degree Collage Turbat now known as Attah Shad Degree Collage. He was a member of the Baloch Students Organization, and was arrested on 9 December 1979 on the charge of firing at a military officer from the Gulf state of Oman who was recruiting Pakistani mercenary soldiers from the Balochistan province. Even though the Omani officer was not hurt in the alleged incident, Special Military Court No. 4 charged and sentenced the 23 year old Baloch to death for killing another person, in spite of the fact that the military prosecutor was not able to establish the identity of this other person. On June 11, 1981 Shaheed Hameed Baloch was hanged to death in Mach jail. His body was flown in by an army helicopter to his native village Kunchiti, where his body was laid to rest.Before going to the gallows Shaheed Hameed Baloch wrote his last will. Following is abstracted from his will.Testament of FreedomHe who avenges himselfSays farewell to his beautiful wifeHas no longing for power or wealthIt does not worry me a bit if this will and testament of mine reaches the great people of the glorious Balochistan or not. As I write these words, there are armed guards all over the place, keeping a watchful eye on every move I make. I have only eight hours to live. Eight from now I shall be proudly walking to the gallows. I have no feeling of remorse, nor am I bothered by the thought that I should have lived longer rather than be dead soon, because to lead a life without any purpose or to live under the yoke of slavery, is a curse.I am neither the first nor the only one to give his blood for Balochistan; hundreds of Baloch have laid down their lives for the fatherland. In my family alone I shall be the second person to kiss the hangman’s noose. And thus sacrifice my life for the great goal, which I am certain, the younger generations of Baloch shall ultimately achieve. The British executed one of my ancestors, Sheran Dad Karim, in 1902.I would like to tell my friends that such a priceless boon like freedom cannot be won without the supreme sacrifice. I know of no precedent in history where nations have achieved freedom without rendering the supreme sacrifice. The path to freedom and independence is admittedly a difficult one. However, the goal awaiting us is truly magnificent. I feel happy and consoled to think that though independence may elude us from a long time to come – my little daughter Bibi Banadi who is now 3 years old may experience it in her life time – my grandchildren and those of my brother Beebagr’s will surely be blessed with it and that day will be the day when my soul will finally rest in peace and receive true comfort.Can you, by severing the heads from the bodies,Kill living thoughts and ideas?Can you, by wrenching the flowers from the branches,Stop their fragrance from spreading?I am certain that every member of my family will take my execution with calmness and fortitude. I wish my mother were alive today, for, she must have sung this lullaby in my ears when I was a child:If you die a hero’s death,I shall visit your grave,In the best of attire and make up.Instead of mourning and lamentingI shall sing you a song of joy.And shall proudly give birthTo another child exactly like you.I am sure dearest sisters will not weep and go into mourning over my death. I ask my grandmother to recall the lullaby she used to sing for all of us:When my flower-like son becomes a youthHe will arm himself with the best of weapons.He shall make the traitors bite the dust,He shall fight and crush his enemies.The lofty mountains and the vast plains of Balochistan are waiting for those who could embrace them and turn them into castles and battlegrounds.Mountains are the fortresses of the BalochImpregnable heights are their treasure housesFlowing springs quench their thirstTheir children are selected arrowsSharp-edged daggers are their sons-in-lawBaloch fathers are broad-bladed swords.Hameed Baloch.10th June 1981Mach jail

No comments:

Post a Comment